Business Systems Analyst
Bothell, WA 98011 United States
The Business System Analyst is a member of the IT Business Applications Management team and is responsible for functional business analysis activities including driving requirement gathering, testing, and work closely with business stakeholders and IT functions acting as subject matter expert where appropriate. This role provides ongoing process improvement, system enhancement, and support post-implementation. This role is expected to have strong expertise in Human Capital Management (HCM) domain expertise in Hire to Retire processes and in IT systems.
· Lead strategic planning, tactical execution, and operationalization of various efforts aligned with the portfolio and organization objectives while remaining compliant with applicable regulatory guidelines
· Collaborate with various IT functions such as Business Systems, PMO, and Analytics to deliver solutions including process, technology, and report
· Facilitate meetings and represents both IT and the business organizations in all interactions
· Accountable for complete discovery of requirements by collaborating with all identified stakeholders.
· Troubleshoot complex issues and mobilize teams without direct authority
· Author documents and material required to successfully launch and maintain solutions including documentation for requirement, testing, change management and operation support
· Actively participate in technical and architectural discussions that impacts processes and user experience
Required Skills: • 5+ years in a Business Systems Analyst role with proven experience with technology delivery and process mapping and improvement • 5+ years in HCM domain as BSA / BA with any of the HCM Systems (SAP SF, SAP, Workday, Oracle)
Basic Qualification: • 5+ years in a Business Systems Analyst role with proven experience with technology delivery and process mapping and improvement • 5+ years in HCM domain as BSA / BA with any of the HCM Systems (SAP SF, SAP, Workday, Oracle) • Demonstrated technical understanding of application architecture including various technology flavor and complexity such as Saas solutions, web applications, repositories, relational databases, and reporting • Working understanding of IT interactions across one or more business functions including Research, Development, Manufacturing, Commercial, Human Resources, Finance, and Legal • Excellent communication skills, including the ability to interface and influence internal and external partners at multiple organization levels • Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, with a high degree of self-motivation, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision • Ability to proactively plan, organize, deliver with limited oversight, prioritize, and quickly adapt to changing situations • Proficient in essential tools such as Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Visio, etc PREFERRED: • Graduate with 5+ years or master’s degree with 3+ years of experience in the biotech and/or pharma industry • Familiarity with biotech/pharmaceutical business processes and applications • Experience with GDPR, SoX, SAP SuccessFactor, IAM, Integrations • Experience in one or more of these organizations in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry: Research, Manufacturing, Development, Commercial, Human Resources, or Information Technology.