Db2 DBA Consultant
Ft Worth, TX 76101 United States
CLIENT is looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) contractor for staff augmentation purposes to help manage its DB2 LUW database environment. The position will be responsible for on-going administration of existing environments including defining, planning, implementing, and supporting CLIENT’s physical DB2 databases for the enterprise. Candidate should possess extensive knowledge of all aspects of DB2 including monitoring and performance tuning. Knowledge & experience with SQL Server and Oracle database technologies is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs physical database administration (dba) tasks in DB2. Also performs basic dba tasks in SQL Server and Oracle environments as necessary.
• Designs and builds simple to complex database structures from data models.
• Installs, configures and patches DB2.
• Provide rotating 24x7 on-call support for CLIENT’s DB2, SQL Server, and Oracle environments as necessary.
• Participates in design reviews as required to ensure database design meets application requirements.
• Designs, maintains, documents and executes database utilities to provide information regarding database activity.
• Proactively performs database monitoring and performance tuning tasks.
• Identify and provide solutions to performance issues in multiple database environments.
• Provides automation to standard dba tasks. Able to develop scripts on UNIX and Windows platforms as necessary.
• Reviews and enforces adherence to the CLIENT Architecture, as well as database design and usage standards.
• Understands database high availability technologies and guides CLIENT in implementing appropriate solutions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
o B.S. degree from an accredited university.
o Four or more year’s total experience as physical DBA in DB2 on Linux and Windows based operating systems.
o Two or more years of experience in database/application performance tuning and monitoring tools.
o Experience in database problem identification, problem diagnosis and resolution.
o Experience in building data architecture models and enforcing enterprise architecture standards and guidelines.
o Experience in implementing database high availability solutions.
o Candidate has excellent communication – ability to explain a technical problem to management.
o Experience in PowerShell.
The candidate is a team player. Shares knowledge. Coaches team members.
o Ability to work on high performing teams and deliver under pressure situations.
o Experience in coding and/or debugging stored procedures
o Experience in working on complex application issues in a multi-tiered environment.
o Functional experience in multi-tiered application design and implementation.
o Functional experience in the development of railroad application systems would be desirable.
o Understanding of SAN technology and database dependency.