Englewood, CO 80151 United States
We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our Performance Engineering team which scope of work is focused on firmware performance-based testing, assessment and metrics on routers. Our ideal candidate has a Systems or Networking Engineering background with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Monitor network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Configure and support network and testing equipment.
- Review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Execute test plans.
- Document, analyze, and present results of testing.
- Estimate and prioritize testing activities.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs and defects are resolved.
- Apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Moderate networking and systems engineering knowledge.
- Ability to track, compare, retrieve, and display data.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- RF skills and knowledge.
- W-Fi understanding.
- Experience with data manipulation.
- Strong time-management and task sequencing skills.
- Understanding of networking protocols.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- LAN knowledge.
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- An analytical mind & strong troubleshooting ability.
- An ability to learn new technologies and tools quickly.
- Good time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and collaborative.
- An ability to follow processes.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience.
- Experience with performance and/or testing.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Work experience in software quality assurance.
- Work experience in software development.
- Experience with Grafana.
- DOCSIS skills.