Denver, CO 80014 United States
Load and Performance Tester
Performance Test Engineer with strong experience in Performance Testing Java based applications with use of performance testing tools like LoadRunner, JMeter and Performance Monitoring tools like AppD, Datadog, Instana, JConsole/JVisualVm, Splunk etc to test and check System capacity, reliability and scalability and provide performance tuning recommendations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Design, implement and support E2E Performance testing for Java Based Applications.
Systems capacity planning and recommendations.
Troubleshoot Performance issues, identify the bottlenecks by profiling and providing tuning recommendations.
Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
Knowledge of Mobile OSS/BSS systems is a plus
Experience in using tools like LoadRunner, JMeter, AppD, Datadog, Instana, JConsole/JVisualvm, Splunk etc
Strong AWS / Kubernetes knowledge
Experience in performance testing Java apps and micro-services
Experience with Profiling Java Based applications and JVM
Quick learner, who is able to acquire knowledge and skills needed for the job on short order.
Willingness to collaborate and work in a team environment.
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
- 8 plus years experience as Performance Test Engineer.
- 5 plus years experience in JMeter and LoadRunner
- Experience with standard profiling/monitoring tools – Instana, Datadog, Grafana, JCONSOLE, VisualVM, AppDynamics, Splunk etc.
- Expertise in working with AWS & Kubernetes
- Good understanding of Java runtime (JVM) performance, JMX, Garbage Collection and Thread management, Profiling, Bottleneck analysis, Tuning
- Provides tuning recommendations to resolve complex performance issues (response time, throughput, Heap, CPU and garbage collection etc.)
- Fine tune existing Performance testing issues/ optimize existing scripts/ should perform hands-on in scripting as well as fine-tuning.
- Should work closely with multiple stakeholders in gathering requirements and performance NFR’s.
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps environment.