Farmington Hills, MI 48332 United States
Delta Dental of Michigan | Hybrid Onsite - Farmington Hills, MI - 2 days per week
12+ month contracts
In this role, you will provide technical expertise for performance, UI, and web service automation. You will be working with cross-functional teams to create world class technical solutions, infusing quality through testing within the software development process to benefit the organization. You will be interacting closely with Developers, Technical Leads, PMO, and QA Leadership.
· Provide senior thought leadership in automated testing of multiple applications using BDD / gherkin test case languages.
· Ability to perform complex performance testing of web services as well as from an end user perspective using HP ALM tool.
· Assist S-DET’s with end to end automated regression testing using latest test automation technologies.
· Identify and address testing risks as well as remove impediments when needed.
· Utilize our tech stack, tool suite, along with open source technologies, and automation best practices like a chef to help develop a recipe for a robust and scalable automation test framework.
· Partner with S-DETs to complete automated testing tasks to help achieve overall sprint goals for the project.
· Develop, execute and maintain manual and automated tests to ensure code quality in a continuous integration environment.
· Develop detailed user stories and tasks for test automation activities from high level requirements.
· Share ownership of quality principles and processes within assigned product/scrum teams and disseminate test results, release notes and troubleshooting guide needed for product support.
· Complies/enforces standards and regularly participates in process improvement activities.
· Maintain proficiency with existing technologies and develop skills with new technologies.
· Ability to lead small teams or projects within overall QA organization and mentor junior resources.
- Champion “continuous testing” initiative and approach.
- Expert knowledge of software performance testing process and procedures.
- Ability to create and maintain complex performance test scripts using HP ALM.
- 5+ years’ experience working with OOO programing languages such as Java, C#, Ruby, etc…
- 2+ years of experience with relational database concepts, SQL, and procedural languages; object oriented design; Enterprise, distributed computing and WEB-based computing methods; and design patterns
- 3+ years of experience with various testing methodologies and strategies: Test Driven Development (TDD) implemented with JUnit, Mock objects, Stubs, Test suites, Test harness web and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) implemented Gherkin, Cucumber.
- 8 + years of experience with various test automation tools: Selenium, Web Driver, Silk Test, QTP, Test Complete
- 2 + years of experience creating and execution of load test scripts using an industry tool (load runner\performance center, JMeter, etc.…).
- 2+ years of experience with Protractor, automation of tests within AngularJS applications.
- Must understand the concepts of SOAP and REST services as well as both XML and JSON message formats.
- Proficient in writing automated test scripts to verify data structures, data formats and data values.
- Proficient in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) automated test execution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses.
- Work in a collaborative environment.
- Capable of performing day to day activities with minimal direction.
- Ability to self-organize, prioritize and handle multiple priorities without compromising on quality.
- Experience with design and development of test frameworks within a greenfield project.
- Ability to provide technical and process leadership to QA resources.
- Experience with Agile testing and development.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
Nice to have Qualifications:
- Experience in automated REST API testing.
- Experience with isolation, mocking and integration testing of microservices.
- Experience working with REST API specifications (Swagger OpenAPI).
- Experience working in Amazon Web Services cloud is a plus.
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid and multi-browser testing.
- Experience working with the agile team tools (Version One, JIRA, Rally).
- Experience working with Eclipse IDE or IntelliJ IDE and Maven or Gradle
- Experience with working in CI / CD environments
Required Skills: Cucumber,Angular,Selenium,Java
Selling points for candidate:
Project Verification Info:
Candidate must be your W2 Employee:Yes
Exclusive to Apex:No
Face to face interview required:No
Candidate must be local:Yes
Candidate must be authorized to work without sponsorship:No
Interview times set:Yes
Type of project:Development/Engineering
Master Job Title:QA/SW Tester