Sr Oracle Database Admin
Lansing, MI 48906 United States
Profile & Description
Monitors the day-to-day activities of production and non-production database systems to ensure smooth operation of all environments. This includes space administration within the database and at the operating system level to ensure the database systems perform properly and without disruption. Additionally support performance tuning, backup and recovery, patching, database refreshes and other tasks as needed.
The candidate must have strong Oracle DBA and SQL skills including experience with RMAN, Active Data Guard, Golden Gate, RAC, GDS, OEM on a 19c or above platform. They will possess strong troubleshooting skills and are willing to support the platform as a part of a 24x7 on-call rotation. The ideal candidate will also have experience supporting Postgres on-prem and in the cloud.
- 5+ years of Oracle DBA experience supporting databases > 20TB
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as BASH, KSH, PowerShell or Python
- Highly proficient in active data guard, RMAN, RAC, GDS
- Experience supporting both OLTP and Data Warehouse environments
- Experience with EDB Postgres
- Ability to work autonomously and with multiple teams when necessary to triage database system issues.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to solicit and formalize requirements and work with end users/customers
- Ability to work in a semi-structured environment where requirements and priorities are dynamic
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience with backup and recovery tools such as Data Domain or Rubrik
- Experience with MongoDB Atlas
- Experience in the insurance industry, specifically with the health care industry
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field or comparable work experience